- General terms
If any provision of the Terms is held invalid by any law or regulation of any government, or by any court or arbitrator, the parties agree that such provision will be replaced with a new provision that accomplishes the original business purpose, and the other provisions of the Terms will remain in full force and effect.
You are responsible for your acts and omissions. Site is only a venue to connect Students and Tutors, in the event that you have any dispute with other user, you release Metro Institute (proprietor, officer, employees, agents, joint ventures, consultants, successors and assigns) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. As independent contractors hired by Students, Tutors or representative of the institutes control the methods, materials and all aspects of the lessons.
We only support the Tutor or Institute decisions and choices that you make. These decisions and choices are yours. We cannot make decisions for you. We only help you to find good Tutor and connect with Tutors. On our Site you can ask and find informational questions and related educational answers by Tutors. Students are responsible for selecting the right tutor or institute for their needs. In making hiring decisions, Students should review and investigate each tutor's self-reported credentials, education, and experience, as well as reviews from other students. ALL TUTORING SESSIONS SHOULD BE SUPERVISED BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.
The information provided in Metro Institute, regarding tutors, coaching centres, institutes, courses, etc. has been compiled by assimilating data from various educational websites, which are available in the public domain. The details provided are for general information only. We update the data regularly to ensure that the information you receive from our website is accurate. For additional requirement of education related information displayed in our website, we recommend you contact the respective institutes.
Metro Institute controls and operates the Site from various locations and makes no representation that this website is appropriate or available for use in all locations. Metro Institute services may not be available in your location, and available services may vary among locations. In addition, Metro Institute will attempt to deliver all correspondence sent via the Site's messaging system. Metro Institute does not, however, guarantee delivery of all messages.
Metro Institute reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the Metro Institute service, or the entirety of it, when and where we have legal or commercial reasons to do so. There may also be times when the Metro Institute service becomes inaccessible as a result of technical difficulties experienced by Metro Institute or on the Internet; we will, however, use reasonable skill and care to overcome these difficulties where they are within our control.
- Restricted Activities
You acknowledge and agree that Metro Institute's services are provided for the purpose of facilitating education and not for any illegal purposes. You agree not to use the Site to hire tutors for illegal purposes such as to complete assignments, to write test/exam papers, take quizzes or otherwise do work on your behalf. Further, you agree not to use Metro Institute's services for any purpose that violates the academic honesty policy or other conduct policies of your school, college, university, academic institution or workplace. You agree not to use the Site to: (a) violate or encourage the violation of any local, state, national, or international law; (b) stalk, harass, or harm another individual; (c) collect or store personal data about other users of our Site; (d) impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (e) interfere with or disrupt the Site or services or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site. You agree not to use the Site or Mobile Application to send any message that is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, sexually explicit, threatening, vulgar, obscene, profane, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable, as determined by Metro Institute in its sole discretion.
Without our written consent, you may not: (i) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site; (ii) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam); (iii) use any high volume, automated, or electronic means (including without limitation robots, spiders, scripts, or other automated device) to access the Site or monitor or copy our Web pages or the content contained thereon; (iv) deep link to the Site for any purpose; or (d) frame the Site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
- Eligibility and conduct
Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a User of the Website and shall not transact on or use the Website. If you are below age of 18, you can use the Site or Services only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parent or guardian who has agreed to the Terms. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 18, you may use the Site or Services on behalf of such minor child. By using the Site or Services on behalf of a minor child, you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of such child. If you do not qualify under these terms, do not use the Site or Services. Membership in the Services is void where prohibited by applicable law, and the right to access the Site is revoked in such jurisdictions. By using the Site and/or the Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into these Terms and to abide by all of the Terms set forth herein. You agree: (a) to provide accurate, current, and complete information about you as may be prompted by a registration form on the website ("Registration Data"); (b) to maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) to maintain and promptly update the Registration Data and any information you provide to Metro Institute, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (e) to accept all risks of unauthorized access to information and Registration Data. . Those who choose to access this Website from outside India are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You may submit feedback regarding your experiences with Tutor or Institutes on our Site or Mobile Application, submit inquiries concerning possible educational needs and to participate in the other interactive and community features of the Site (collectively "Submitted Content"). It is important that you act responsibly when providing Submitted Content. In providing feedback, please give clear, honest information about the Tutor or Institute and your experiences, but do not use inappropriate language, make gratuitous personal criticisms or comments or provide information that others could use to determine your identity. When participating in other interactive or community aspects of the Service, please do not post any information that another user or Tutor or Institute may use to identify you as an individual, but please do include all relevant information in a concise manner to help us provide you with a helpful response.
You acknowledge and agree that by submitting the Submitted Content to us, you (i) grant us a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform the Submitted Content throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter created without attribution, (ii) grant us the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates Your and/or our rights in Your Submitted Content, and (iii) forever waive any and all of Your rights, including but not limited to moral rights, if any, in and to Your Submitted Content, including, without limitation, any all rights or requirements of attribution or identification of You as the author of the Submitted Content or any derivative thereof. You further acknowledge and agree that Your Submitted Content is non-confidential and do not contain proprietary information.
With respect to Submitted Content, you acknowledge, warrant and agree that:
- a)If Submitted Content concern Tutor or Institutes, Submitted Content will be true and accurate, only concern or relate to the care or service that You, Your minor child or Your ward received from the Tutor or Institutes being reviewed, that You are not related to or employed by the Tutor or Institutes being reviewed and that You are not impersonating any other person;
- b)If You are a Tutor or Institute submitting or editing any Submitted Content, Your Submitted Content will be true and accurate, You are the Tutor or Institute specifically identified in the Content being submitted or edited, and Your Submissions will only concern You and the services that You provide.
- c)If You are a person authorized by a Tutor or Institute to submit or edit Submitted Content specifically related to that Tutor or Institute, Submitted Content will be true and accurate, You are authorized by the Tutor or Institute identified in the Submitted Content or edited to make such edits and Submitted Content will only concern that Tutor or Institute and the services provided by that Tutor or Institute.
- d)You have the right to make Submitted Content without violating the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and Submitted Content will not contain any content, personally identifiable information (other than the name of the Tutor or Institutes being reviewed), information, or materials of any kind that relates or refers to any other person or entity other than the person or entity being reviewed;
- e)Submitted Content will not violate any law, or in any manner infringe or interfere with the rights of others, including but not limited to the use of names, information, or materials that (i) libel, defame, or invade the privacy of any third party, (ii) are obscene or pornographic, (iii) harmful, threatening, offensive, abusive, harassing, vulgar, false or inaccurate, racially, sexually, ethnically or are otherwise objectionable or otherwise contrary to the laws of any place where such Submissions may be accessed, (iv) constitute personal attacks on other individuals, (v) infringe the intellectual property, trade secret or proprietary rights of any third party, (vi) promote criminal or other illegal activity, (vii) promote or advertise any person, product or service or solicit funds, or (viii) are deemed confidential by any contract or policy.
You are permitted to post only one Submitted Content regarding the same Tutor or Institute, entity, procedure or subject during any thirty day period.
We reserve the right to publish your Submitted Content as part of the Service and to also to remove your Submitted Content for any reason. We are not, however, responsible for any failure or delay in removing Submitted Content.
We do not provide the Submitted Content on the Site. It is users of the Site provide Content on the Site. The Tutor or Institutes determine which questions to answer; they are not employees or agents of Metro Institute but are independent service providers using the Site to provide their expert knowledge to users of Site.
We are not involved in any conversations between users and does not refer you to or endorse or recommend particular Tutor or Institutes. You understand and acknowledge that we cannot and do not edit, modify, filter, screen, monitor, endorse or guarantee the content on Site. We shall not be liable for any acts or omissions of Tutor or Institutes, Content, the ability of Tutor or Institutes to answer questions or the ability of Students to pay for tuitions. We do not ensure that users will complete a transaction.
By using the Site, you understand and agree that Metro Institute may rely on the above Eligibility Conditions representations and warranties as true. You understand and agree that Metro Institute may revise the Eligibility Conditions from time to time and require new conditions and certifications and that User will abide by such revised Eligibility Conditions or discontinue using the Site.
You hereby authorize Metro Institute to verify the above representations and warranties by you and you acknowledge and agree that Metro Institute shall have the right, but not the obligation, to verify such representations and warranties. You agree and understand that such verification may include, without limitation, conducting criminal background checks, sex offender registry checks, motor vehicle records checks, identification verifications, credit checks and/or use of available public records. You consent to any collection, use or disclosure in order to accomplish such verification. You further agree that Metro Institute may take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including without limitation suspending and/or terminating your use of the Site, should it determine that you have violated any representation or warranty.
The preceding paragraph notwithstanding, you understand and agree Metro Institute does not conduct background checks of any User. You also understand and agree Metro Institute neither confirms nor denies the validity of information provided by Users and that Metro Institute does not verify that any or all of the Eligibility Conditions are met by Users. You understand and agree to make your own decisions and assessments about persons to engage and that IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO CONDUCT ANY AND ALL BACKGROUND AND REFERENCE CHECKS REGARDING OTHER USERS.
Metro Institute expressly disclaims, and you expressly release Metro Institute from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages arising from and/or in any way related to: (a) any inaccuracy, unseemliness or incompleteness regarding a User's Eligibility Conditions and/or (b) misstatements or misrepresentations made by any User.
Metro Institute reserves all of its rights to remove anything objectionable to Metro Institute in its sole discretion. Alleged improprieties by any User may be reported to Metro Institute by email at info@MetroInstitute.co.in.
- Fees & Refunds
Metro Institute may at its sole discretion revise or change the subscription and connect rates without any prior notification. Refunds will be made at the sole discretion of Metro Institute.
- Third party reports
Metro Institute may utilize third party consumer reporting agencies that perform, among other things, criminal background checks, sex offender registry checks, motor vehicle records checks, credit checks, and identification verifications ("consumer reports"). Metro Institute does not endorse or make any representations or warranties regarding the reliability of such consumer reports or the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information in the consumer reports. Metro Institute does not independently verify information in the consumer reports.
You hereby consent to Metro Institute collecting, using and disclosing the information in the consumer reports. You understand and agree that Metro Institute may, in its sole discretion, review and rely on the information in the consumer reports in deciding whether to suspend or terminate a User or to investigate a complaint about a User, but that Metro Institute shall not be responsible or liable in any way in the event that any information in the consumer reports about any person, including without limitation any User, is not accurate, timely or complete. Users who are the subject of consumer reports may contact the service provider to dispute the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of such information. Metro Institute reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate User based on information in the consumer reports or for any other reason in Metro Institute's sole discretion.
- Confidentiality of Metro Institute information
You may obtain direct access via the Site to certain confidential information of Metro Institute and its affiliates, including without limitation technical, contractual, product, program, pricing, marketing and other valuable information that should reasonably be understood as confidential ("Confidential Information"). You must hold Confidential Information in strict confidence. All right, title and interest in the Confidential Information remains with Metro Institute and its affiliates.
The Terms impose no obligation upon you with respect to Confidential Information that you can establish by legally sufficient evidence: (a) you possessed prior to your receipt from Metro Institute, without an obligation to maintain its confidentiality; (b) is or becomes generally known to the public through no act or omission by you, or otherwise without violation of the Terms; (c) you obtained from a third party who had the right to disclose it, without an obligation to keep such information confidential; (d) you independently developed without the use of Confidential Information and without the participation of individuals who have had access to it, or (e) in response to a valid order by a court or other governmental body, as otherwise required by law, or as necessary to establish the rights of either party under these Terms and as disclosed after prior notice to Metro Institute adequate to afford Metro Institute the opportunity to object to the disclosure.
- Terms of transacting business
You understand and agree to abide by Metro Institute’s tutor and student payment policies. You agree that you are willing to pay all costs associated with the services through Metro Institute. These costs include but are not limited to: (a) a tutor’s per class rate as listed; (b) travel and transportation fees (if applicable and agreed) (c) cancellation fees as described in a tutor’s cancellation policy, which can be found on a tutor’s profile on the Site; (d) the booking service fees between the Student and Metro Institute. (e) the commission arrangement between the Tutor and Metro Institute and (f) the commission arrangement between the Institute and Metro Institute for course and event booking fees.
- Third party verification services
Metro Institute may make available one or more third party verification services that enable Users of the Site to inquire about information including, but not limited to, another User’s identity and criminal history. Use of a third party verification service is voluntary for both the party requesting the verification and the party undergoing the verification. You agree that Metro Institute shall not be held responsible or liable in any way if any information provided by a third party verification service is inaccurate.
- Advertisements and promotions
Metro Institute may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Metro Institute found on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. Metro Institute is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-Metro Institute advertisers on the Site.
- Third Party links
Placement of information, logos, links or names of Tutor or Institutes or any other third party entities on the Site does not constitute an endorsement or warranty of their services or opinions or their products. You take full responsibility for a decision to visit or patronize any such entity and hold Metro Institute harmless from any liability arising from such actions. You further acknowledge that no relationship (such as partnership, agent, joint venturer, or employee) is created between you and Metro Institute or between any User including Tutor or Institutes or any other third party entities and Metro Institute by formation of this Agreement or by your participation on the Site.
We do not control the information provided by Tutor or Institutes or any other third party entities or users, which you may find to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBILE TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ANSWER OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, FROM THIRD PARTIES OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ANSWER, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT.
- Text message & PUSH notifications
We send various text message and PUSH notifications for new student messages, new message reminders, job opportunities and more ("Text Message Program"). Please note that standard data and messaging rates may apply for any text message notifications. Please contact your mobile phone carrier for details.
Your mobile phone carrier’s standard data and messaging rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and from us to you. If you have any questions about your text or data plan, please contact your mobile phone carrier.
- Intellectual property rights
Metro Institute grants you permission (which may be revoked at any time for any
Except as expressly authorized by Metro Institute or by Content providers, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, mirror, frame, republish, download, transmit, or create derivative works of the Content of others, in whole or in part, by any means. You must not modify, decompile, or reverse engineer any software Metro Institute discloses to you, and you must not remove or modify any copyright or trademark notice, or other notice of ownership.
"Metro Institute Trademarks" means all names, marks, brands, logos, designs, trade dress, slogans and other designations Metro Institute uses in connection with its products and services. You may not remove or alter any Metro Institute Trademarks, or co-brand your own products or material with Metro Institute Trademarks, without Metro Institute's prior written consent. You acknowledge Metro Institute's rights in Metro Institute Trademarks and agree that any use of Metro Institute Trademarks by you shall inure to Metro Institute's sole benefit. You agree not to incorporate any Metro Institute Trademarks into your trademarks, service marks, company names, internet addresses, domain names, or any other similar designations, for use on or in connection with computer or internet-related products, services or technologies.
Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppels, implication, or otherwise. Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute and download Content owned by Metro Institute on this Site provided that: (a) the copyright notice pertaining to the Content remains, and a permission notice (e.g., "used with permission") is added to such Content; (b) the use of such Content is solely for personal and non-commercial use; (c) such Content will not be copied or posted on any networked computer or published in any medium, except as explicitly permitted by valid permission or license covering such materials; and (d) no modifications are made to such Content. This permission terminates automatically without notice if you breach any of the terms or conditions in this document. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any downloaded and/or printed Content.
- Termination and suspension
Metro Institute reserves the right to suspend (deactivate) and/or terminate (delete) any user with or without notice at any time in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason. You agree that, if you are suspended and/or terminated, you will make no further use of the Site after termination (deletion of profile) or during suspension (deactivation of profile).
- Disclaimer of warranties
USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED. THE SITE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE", AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. METRO INSTITUTE DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. METRO INSTITUTE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES AS TO THE USEFULNESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE.
METRO INSTITUTE MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATIONS THAT: (A) THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (B) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (C) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM TUTORS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS; OR (D) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM OBTAINING ANY CONTENT FROM THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
- Limitation of liability
THE SITE OFFERS A MARKETPLACE FOR THOSE SEEKING TUTORING SERVICES TO CONNECT WITH THOSE SEEKING TO PROVIDE TUTORING SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT METRO INSTITUTE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY USER AND THAT METRO INSTITUTE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY USER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT METRO INSTITUTE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERFORMANCE OR CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SITE. AS SUCH, METRO INSTITUTE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CONTROVERSIES, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES AND/OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM AND/OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SITE.
USERS OF THE SITE TRANSACT BETWEEN THEMSELVES. METRO INSTITUTE WILL NOT BE INVOLVED IN ANY USER INTERACTIONS. METRO INSTITUTE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DISPUTES, CLAIMS, LOSS, INJURY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND THAT MIGHT ARISE DURING AND AFTER USER INTERACTION.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT METRO INSTITUTE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY USER ON OR OFF THE SITE AND THAT METRO INSTITUTE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY USER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT METRO INSTITUTE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERFORMANCE OR CONDUCT, WHETHER ON OR OFF THE SITE, OF ANY USER. AS SUCH, METRO INSTITUTE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, AND EACH USER EXPRESSLY RELEASES METRO INSTITUTE FROM, ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CONTROVERSIES, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES AND/OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM AND/OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF USERS ON OR OFF THE SITE.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, METRO INSTITUTE IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMITTED ORDERS, OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, EVEN IF METRO INSTITUTE HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF, OR REASONABLY COULD HAVE FORESEEN, THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, HOWEVER THEY ARISE, WHETHER IN BREACH OF CONTRACT OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES DUE TO: (A) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (B) THE COST OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE; (C) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF TRANSMISSION OR DATA, MALICIOUS OR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR, OR FALSE OR FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS; OR (D) CONTENT OR INFORMATION USERS MAY DOWNLOAD, USE, MODIFY, OR DISTRIBUTE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL METRO INSTITUTE'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED (A) THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO METRO INSTITUTE OR A METRO INSTITUTE PARTNER, IF ANY, OR (B) INR 5000 (WHICHEVER IS LESS).
Any controversy, claim, suit, injury or damage arising from or in any way related to the Site, its use, its Tutor and Institute conduct, or the Terms shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the Indian Council of Arbitration then in effect and before a single arbitrator chosen by Metro Institute. Any such controversy, claim, suit, injury or damage shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any controversy, claim, suit, injury or damage of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Kolkata, West Bengal and judgment of the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Metro Institute may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Kolkata, West Bengal, necessary to protect its rights pending the completion of arbitration. Each party shall assume its own costs of arbitration.
- InjunctionYou agree that any material breach of the Terms will result in irreparable harm to Metro Institute for which damages would be an inadequate remedy and, therefore, in addition to its rights and remedies otherwise available at law, Metro Institute will be entitled to equitable relief, including both a preliminary and permanent injunction, if such a breach occurs. You waive any requirement for the posting of a bond or other security if Metro Institute seeks such an injunction.
- Notices; modification and termination of services; amendment of terms
Metro Institute may provide notice to Users via email, regular mail, or posting notices or links to notices on the Site. Metro Institute reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or terminate the services (or any part thereof), and/or use of or access to them, with or without notice. Metro Institute may also delete, or bar access to or use of, all related information and files. Metro Institute will not be liable to Users or any third-party for any modification, suspension, or termination of service, or loss of related information. Metro Institute may amend these Terms at any time by posting the amended terms on this Site.
- Governing law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws, without regard to choice of law rules.
Any controversy, claim, suit, injury or damage shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any controversy, claim, suit, injury or damage of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Kolkata, West Bengal and judgment of the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Metro Institute may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Kolkata, West Bengal, necessary to protect its rights pending the completion of arbitration. Each party shall assume its own costs of arbitration.
- FOR TUTORS
- A Tutor warrants that he/she is, at least, eighteen years of age, and has the lawfully necessary educational qualifications and/or experience to provide tuition in the subject/s specified by the Tutor on the Site.
- A Tutor agrees and understands that he/she is not an employee of Metro Institute and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax and other amounts payable in relation to any fees generated from a tuition contract with Student or Parent through the Site. We do not issue any working experience certificate to our registered members.
- A Tutor understands and accepts that details entered by them on the Site will be publicly visible and may appear in search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.) results.
- A Tutor accepts full responsibility for all information published by him/her or it on the Site and shall indemnify Metro Institute in relation to any liability incurred by them as a result of any such information.
- A Tutor undertakes to register for the Metro Institute service, always providing and using accurate and current information about him/her - including name, address, telephone number/s, qualifications, tutoring experiences and any other details requested by Metro Institute.
- A Tutor will not include personal email, contact numbers etc. in the form fields like Tutoring Experience, Tutoring approach, other topics. Adding contact details except in specific fields is not acceptable under any condition. If Tutor violates this condition, Metro Institute may in its discretion suspend or terminate account of such Tutor.
- Tutors are bound to show proof or disclose their qualification details to the reasonable satisfaction of the student or parent party before entering into a tuition engagement and also if and as requested by them, later.
- Metro Institute does not guarantee to secure a Tutor for a Student or ascertain any tuition fees on behalf of any tutor or student. We do not provide any guarantee of the number of total enquiries/business which a Tutor will receive during their subscription period.
- Metro Institute is not responsible if you are unable to convert tuition enquiries into work, through connects facility. Please check total number of views before you apply for any tuition. The more the number of views, the lesser the chances of getting responses from students. Connect facility generates maximum effectiveness if you respond to the enquiry on the day it has been posted. However, we would not be accountable for any inconvenience caused.
- Metro Institute is not responsible if a student’s mobile is switched off when you call, or if students/parents do not respond to your queries. No connects will be refunded in such cases.
- All tuitions posted in our site are verified to the best of our knowledge. If the student or parent does not disclose any information beforehand, Metro Institute will not be responsible for the same.
- A Tutor will accept full responsibility for the hourly rates or prices quoted by them for their services and presented in the exact detail on the Site.
- We encourage all tutors to accept online payment from students using the Site payment collection system. This system is secure as money will be safe in our account before you can start tutoring.
- Metro Institute charges only 10% of the fees collected from the student as per your quoted price or hourly rates.
- Money will be added to your account after successful completion of the tuition sessions, following full satisfaction of the student and his/her parent/s.
- Student will release money only after receiving request for the same from the tutor.
- Student can always cancel any booking, but only after the first session. It is the Tutor's responsibility to impress and convince the student party with his/her teaching abilities and methods.
- Tutors should not start any tutoring session unless the student agrees to it and funds the session fees through the Metro Institute payment system.
- In case of cancellation only after the first session, tutors will not get any payment even if the sessions have been funded beforehand by the students.
- Metro Institute will not be responsible for making any kind of payment to tutors if the students or parents have not funded the tuition sessions in advance.
- Both Student and tutors can ask to verify each other’s addresses and residential details before making any direct payments between themselves. Metro Institute will not take any responsibility for any sort of direct payments between the two parties.
- Tutor shall indemnify Metro Institute from all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (actual or consequential) of every kind and nature known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed arising out of any use by the Tutor of the Site.
- A tutor and a tutorial centre hereby acknowledge that Metro Institute is not liable to the Tutor for reimbursement of any fees decided upon as a result of these Terms in the event of any cancellation of any Contract or Tuition for any reason.
- In responding to feedback of Students posted on the Site a Tutor shall not, in any way, show disrespect towards a Student or his family.
- Tutors are advised to insist on being paid by students or their parents through the totally safe and sure Service of Metro Institute. Metro Institute shall not be responsible for any other kind of monetary transaction/s between tutors and students or their parents.
- We are not involved in any kind of interactions that takes place between the tutors and students, and hence is not liable for any dispute or disagreement or misinterpretations or arguments arising between the parents / students and the tutors. The parents / students and the Tutors are however free to take feedback and suggestions from us to solve the issue amicably.
- For all commitments/representations of Tutor to Student other than those which are mentioned on Site Tutor alone would be liable and responsible towards Student, and shall also keep us indemnified and harmless against all such claims/disputes.
- Tutor is expected to conduct himself in a teacher / coach like manner which is generally prevalent and acceptable in a teacher and student like relationship.
- FOR STUDENTS OR PARENTS
- A student or parent undertakes to register for the Metro Institute service, always using accurate and current information about himself/herself - including name, email ID, mobile number etc.
- During posting or tuition requirement students should enter as much details as possible for better responses from tutors and institutes.
- Students or Parents should check tuition profile privacy settings properly to avoid unwanted calls on their mobiles from prospective tutors and institutes.
- Students must pay a tutor through Metro Institute payment system only, to avoid any kind of misunderstanding and other issues with tutors in the latter stages. Payments with Metro Institute are safe and will not be released to the tutor without your permission.
- Students need to book a minimum of 5 (five) sessions and any booking can be cancelled after the first session only. No cancellation will be accepted the 2nd session onwards and full payment will be released to the tutor after the successful completion of all sessions, to the satisfaction of the student and his/her parent/s.
- Metro Institute does not support or encourage any direct payment to any tutor as that could lead to a potential fraud and we do not take any responsibility for such payments or tutors.
- Both student and tutor can ask to verify each other's addresses and residential details before making any direct payments between themselves.
- Students or Parents are requested not to make a huge advance payment if you do not know the tutor properly or do not have complete proof of his/her current/permanent contact details.
- Metro Institute takes responsibility of payment handling only (if funded) and not for any tutor’s social or other behaviour. Metro Institute does not guarantee the tutoring quality and style as a tutor. Student acknowledges that it is his/her responsibility to verify the credentials and qualifications of any tutor with whom s/he enters into or proposes to enter into a tuition contract.
- Students or parents should understand that tutors are not our employees and we cannot take responsibility for verifying their backgrounds and behaviours. Metro Institute is just an online marketplace where tutors and institutes can advertise their services.
- Students and their parents are advised to insist on paying the tutor/s through the totally safe and sure Service of Metro Institute. We shall not take responsibility of any other kind of monetary transaction/s between students or their parents and tutor/s.
- Homework and Assignment help is intended to provide you with guidance on understanding your assignment and not to replace your academic efforts designed to be part of your curriculum. Help is provided on the understanding and agreement that you will use information provided by the Tutors for study purposes only and that you will not submit this information as original student work for course credit or grade.
- No Tutor can guarantee good grades; therefore, grade you get cannot be a reason for student to come back at a later time and demand refund for services.
- Student/parent should use caution, good judgment and proper language when leaving a Review for a Tutor. What you post will be a permanent part of that tutor's record. Please restrict your review to a Tutor's teaching-related skills (communication skills, knowledge, patience, clarity etc.)
- We are not involved in any kind of interactions that takes place between the tutors and students, and hence is not liable for any dispute or disagreement or misinterpretations or arguments arising between the parents / students and the tutors. The parents / students and the Tutors are however free to take feedback and suggestions from us to solve the issue amicably.
- Student is expected to conduct himself in a Student like manner which is generally expected and regarded as ideal Student behaviour prevalent in education stream.
- Metro Institute would not be liable to offer any compensation or damages of any nature to Student if Metro Institute deactivates a Tutor account or if Tutor discontinues /chooses to not extended tutor sessions.
- Students should take enough care and make an intuitive decision before taking up an assignment to avoid any kind of repercussions. Metro Institute would not be responsible and liable for any such unforeseen and unfortunate event including but not limited to bodily injury, sexual or mental harassment of any nature, if any.
- FOR INSTITUTES
- Tutorial centre accepts full responsibility for all information published by itself on the Site and shall indemnify Metro Institute in relation to any liability incurred by itself as a result of any such information.
- Any registered tutor, centre or guest user can create own relevant "Courses and Classes". Students can view your contact details after booking. For any delay and cancellation of any Course and Class, the respective tutor / trainer / centre would be solely responsible. Refunds of booking fee will be given only at the sole discretion of the Metro Institute Management.
- A tutorial centre understands and accepts that details entered by them on the website will be publicly visible and may appear in search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.) results.
- A tutorial centre accepts full responsibility for all information published by him/her/it on the Website and shall indemnify Metro Institute in relation to any liability incurred by them as a result of any such information.
- A tutorial centre will not include personal email ID, contact numbers etc. in the form fields like Tutoring Experience, Tutoring approach, other topics. Adding contact details except in specific fields is not acceptable under any condition and this kind of recurring attempt may result in the suspension of that profile.
- Metro Institute is not involved in any kind of interactions that takes place between a tutorial centre and students, and hence is not liable for any dispute or disagreement or misinterpretations or arguments arising between the parents / students and the tutorial centre. The parents / students and the tutorial centre are however free to take feedback and suggestions from us to solve the issue amicably.
- For all commitments/representations of tutorial centre to Student other than those which are mentioned on Site, tutorial centre alone would be liable and responsible towards Student, and shall also keep us indemnified and harmless against all such claims/disputes.
Metro Institute does not allow any tutor bureau to register in our website, effective from 1st January 2018. No Individual tutor or tutor bureau is allowed to offer such services through our website. If such an act or attempt is found out, that particular membership will be deleted immediately without any refund.